Easy carry bag
Built-in remote control
Independently adjustable compartments
HOW WE CAN ASSIST YOUR SLEEPING COMFORT
A one of a kind innovation, the Belly Bed allows you, as an expectant mum, to sleep on your belly or side with ease.
The bed is comprised of three individually controllable air compartments being the Main Body of the bed, the Abdominal Cavity and Leg Rest. The internal pump and hand-held remote allows you to pump air into each compartment separately.
A recessed Abdominal Cavity in the air-filled bed makes restful sleep possible. This is because the cavity’s air pillow depth may be adjusted to accommodate your growing belly right up to full term!
The Belly Bed also comes with the Belly Bed Mattress Protector and Cavity Feather Pillow.
Using your Cavity Feather Pillow
The Cavity Feather Pillow has been designed especially for the Belly Bed. Place the pillow in the Abdominal Cavity hole, cushioning your belly and baby with comfort and softness when you lie on your front or side.
Easing tired legs
The adjustable Leg Rest compartment of the Belly Bed may help alleviate tired, heavy and swollen legs, a common problem with expectant mums. *Simply raise up the Leg Rest and relax.
*The period you lay in a partially relined position should not exceed 20 mins at one time.
HOW THE BELLY BED OPERATES
The Belly Bed is ready to use in under 3 minutes.
Using the hand-held remote, the bed is air-filled by an electronic pump. Once inflated, you can easily adjust its three compartment so you’re as comfortable as possible.
Made from durable vinyl and washable flocking, the Belly Bed comes with a carry bag for easy storage and portability.
Once inflated the measurements read 192cm x 116cm x 55cm (75” x 45.6” x 21.65”) and supports up to 120kg.
HOW THE BELLY BED WAS CREATED
A winning spa bed innovation transformed into home use.
The Belly Bed is the creation of mother of five, Gianna Muollo. A beauty therapist and former owner of one of New Zealand’s busiest day spas, she found that no matter how many pillows she used to prop up the belly or legs of pregnant clients, they just couldn’t get comfortable.
So Gianna’s design of a Belly Bed began. After developing a commercial Belly Bed for her day spa and winning the singing praises of her pregnant clientele, she decided to transform this creation into a Belly Bed for home use.
Gianna spent more than five years developing the Belly Bed. There were numerous prototypes and trials as well as the encouragement and support of leading obstetricians.
However, she knew she on on to a winner when the first prototype arrived near the end of her fourth pregnancy.
“I was so sleep deprived and suffering daily with migraines, sciatica back pain and swelling in my ankles and legs”, Gianna said. “I’ll never forget how lovely it was to finally be able to lie and sleep comfortably on my belly and side throughout the night.”
This mum’s dream of an undisturbed good night’s sleep during pregnancy can now become a reality for all mum’s-to-be.
CARE AND CLEANING
- Walk around and inspect your Belly Bed before each use.
- Keep your Belly Bed away from any sharp objects.
- If your Belly Bed will not be used for extended periods of time, deflate and store in its carry bag in a dry place and out of extreme temperatures. Do not store your Belly Bed inflated or outside.
- The Belly Bed should be at or close to room temperature prior to inflating. Do not inflate if the bed feels too warm or too cold to touch.
- Spot clean your Belly Bed only using a mild dishwashing detergent. Never use products containing harsh chemicals. Allow the Belly Bed to dry naturally before use or storage.
- It is recommended to clean your Cavity Feather Pillowcase in a warm gentle wash cycle. Do not use a dryer or dry clean the pillowcase.
- The Cavity Feather pillow is not to be washed, only aired occasionally. Do not dry clean.
- To clean your Mattress Protector, it is recommended you use a warm gentle wash cycle and allow to dry naturally in the shade. Do not dry clean.
IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICES
- It is not recommended that you go to sleep on your back.
- It is recommended that you not lie on your back for a prolonged period of time during the latter part of pregnancy. The Leg Rest may be used in a partially reclined position for up to 20 minutes.
- The weight of the bed is 11.2kgs. It is not recommended that pregnant mothers carry or move the Belly Bed by themselves other than short distances within the home/bedroom required to set up the bed.
- This inflatable device (the Belly Bed) is not intended for use on or near water. Such use could result in an electrical shock.
- Do not place the device on top of a normal bed or use the device on top of another bed/mattress. The device must be placed and used on the floor.
- Always unplug the pump from the electrical outlet when the bed is not in use.
- Do not allow children to jump or play on the bed.
- Do not allow pets, such as cats or dogs near the bed.
- Never breastfeed on the bed or place a child in the abdominal cavity for any reason.
- Do not allow infants, the elderly or anyone with poor mobility to use the bed. They could roll or fall off the bed and be at risk of injuring themselves.
- Do not smoke on or around the Belly Bed.
- Do not leave the bed near naked flame or any heat source.
- This bed may puncture. Do not use on rough surfaces. Protect from sharp objects.
- Please read and comply with all instructions included with this bed.
- This bed is 192cm x 116cm x 55cm in dimension when fully inflated and safely supports up to 120kg of net weight. Do not use the bed in a confined space or store/place heavy objects on the bed.
- Ensure there is enough clearance around the pump unit. Do not place the side of the bed with the pump unit against the wall.